The Ultimate 'Try Before You Buy'!
At Kids Bike Trailers we have worked hard to provide a service that is flexible and affordable to everyone and we are proud to offer the ultimate try before you buy service!
We get asked a lot, "If we hire, can I purchase after?" or "Is there discount on purchasing after hiring?" and therefore we are going to answer your questions here in this blog!
Buying a trailer outright can be a big investment especially if you are not sure if you and your little ones will even enjoy using the trailer or how much you will even use it. Hiring from us means you can try your trailer out either with cycling or strolling (depending on which model you choose) and check how it feels.
If you then love it, you can buy it.
WHY TRY BEFORE YOU BUY WITH US?
- Firstly, trying a trailer out before you purchase will enable you time to see if you and your family actually like the trailer. You will be able to see if your little ones fit in the trailer comfortably or whether they hate it and wriggle around too much!
- As a parent, you will be able to test out features of the trailer such as the height, the weight, how it feels pushing the trailer (if you have one that converts to a stroller) or if it feels too heavy to cycle with.
- You will be able to see how the trailers fold down and whether it will fit in the boot of your car or even in your hallway or flat. Are you able to take it up stairs if you live in a flat and where will you store it? You can check this before buying, something you can't do if you purchase outright as it may be too late to return!
- An important one to test out is where will you be using the trailer? Are you looking at a trailer that converts to a stroller for the nursery or school run? Then you can test out the local terrain and also the time it takes to get the little ones all packed up for nursery/school and if it's too long of a walk/cycle.
- As well as the above, the 'try before you buy' model is sustainable, ensuring we are doing more for the world by limiting on packaging and limiting on manufacturing.
- The 'try before you buy' enables you to really think about whether the trailer is right for you and your family before you make the investment. We think it's a brilliant investment to be made but it might not be for everyone.
HOW TRY BEFORE YOU BUY WORKS
So how does it work with us?
- On the hire product page when you are hiring a trailer or stroller with us you will be offered the option to pay an additional £15 to upgrade your trailer to a brand new one. If you decide to purchase this trailer, as a rough guide we usually work out a price based on the retail price less the hire fee already paid *.
- If you do not select to upgrade your trailer at hire and you are happy with a used trailer, if you would like to purchase we usually take the retail price of the trailer less the hire fee paid and apply a slight discount to the quotation as the trailer selected has been used previously.
- Another option we have is if you have hired a used trailer but would like to purchase a new one, we can order a brand new trailer in for you and would arrange collection and delivery free of charge however the purchase price would be based on the brand new retail price less the hire fee paid... but you would be getting a brand new trailer!
So there are a few options with our 'Try Before You Buy', all of which contribute to a more sustainable and affordable approach.
*Please be aware this is just a rough pricing guide as we provide a precise quotation subject to availability and the trailer provided to you when you are ready to purchase with us*
When your hire is coming to an end and you are interested in purchasing, get in touch with one of the team on firstname.lastname@example.org
CHECK OUT OUR 'QUICK HIRE' OR BROWSE OUR FULL HIRE RANGE.
As always, if you are struggling to chose the right trailer for you, the team have filmed an awesome video on the key features of each of the Burley trailers which you can watch over on our Youtube channel or get in touch with one of the team on email@example.com!